Tuesday 14 January 2014

Dharamshala - a Tibetan getaway

Dharmshala  is a hill station in the district of Kangra in Himachal Pradesh. It has picturesque hills and vivid tea gardens. I had gone there for a vacation and stayed in the Club Mahindra resort for about 5 days. In this time, I visited a lot of good places there. The best ones are the Norbulingka Institute, HPCA stadium and McLoed Ganj. The Institute had a few temples and it's motto was to preserve and promote Tibetan culture. It had a shop as well but it's only problems was it's exorbitant prices. Next up is the HPCA stadium which is one of the world's highest stadiums. Dharmshala is divided into 2 parts- upper and lower Dharamshala. The upper one is McLoed Ganj and the lower one is lower Dharamshala. All the nice shops and temples are in McLoed Ganj. It also has the Dalai Lama Temple and a monastery. Overall, my trip was remarkable and I collected a lot of Tibetan souvenirs. the only thing I regret was not going for a trek to see snow-capped mountains. Instead, I went for a trek to see tea gardens which was also pretty nice. My favourite place was a momo stand next to a bridge  near club mahindra which sold authentic Tibetan momos which were truly divine!

No comments:

Post a Comment